The First Invasion

The First Invasion
My Homeland

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunday - Auugust 9, 2009

I followed more instructions from First Aid and instead of trying to sit in the seats with no leg room, I sat in the Elderly/Disabled section with one chair for my rear and the other for my feet. There were lots of people there with the same affliction so I didn’t feel as bad. My ankles looked a lot better as long as I kept them in the chair.
Before I could sit down in my chair a sister approached me to take a picture. I was really excited when I read her name tag & saw where she was from. Can you guess? Of Course its in the pictures so I won’t tell. I just thought it was fitting. She told me I could come and visit whenever I feel like it. I’m hoping for the spring of 2010.

There were a few technical difficulties in our section. The television was small and sometimes the sound would cut out. At one moment, the brothers worked very hard to get the sound back on. When it went out we were in the 1st talk of the symposium and when it came back on it was the end of the third. Everyone clapped loudly. Apparently, the applause frightened the television because it went out just as fast as it came in. In time it was repaired. Then they brought another tv to put in the middle because the section was larger than they had anticipated. Yeah for us! Check out the black bar in the middle of the screen. (see pics)

Highlights:
AM Attendance: 59,851 . . . 8369 (English) 470 (Japanese)
PM Attendance: 55,897
Baptized: 343


I saved up all my energy so that I would be able to walk around at lunch and search for Maurice & Aleece. I gobbled up my food in record time and Janelle & Family arrived when I was done.
We were off to meet delegates from other lands. That is exactly what we did! (see pics)

Albania
Germany
Japan
London
Zimbabwe

It was always hotter after lunch and this was no different. However, Jehovah is a loving God that always makes provisions. During the session the female attendants went through the section offering water to those that needed some. Isn’t that wonderful?
At the end of the session, I was sad. As we sang the last song I was boo hoo crying and not the cute lady cry. I had the ugly face on. I was praying: “Oh Jehovah what is wrong with me? Why can’t I stop crying?” Eventually I did stop just long enough to be moved to tears again by the applaus and singing after the prayer. Everyone seemed to just be standing around their seats.
I ventured up into the stands now because it didn’t matter if my ankles grew fat I wasn’t going anywhere but home. I wanted to see the crowds with my own eyes, but first pictures!

Once upstairs I was crying again. Tears of joy. What an honor to be a part of such an organization.

(See pics)
Sign they walked around the base of the stadium
This is the only pic that Wiggles didn’t pose for!
Nancy (holding the baby) was Janelle’s Maid-of-honor
Look at that cute lil baby!
Ola & Vita Gustavsen (Newlyweds)

After the clapping was done, I went back on my search for Maurice & Aleece. I went over to watch the “March of the Delegates” as they headed to their buses. I just knew for sure they would be there. However, I idnt see them. Yet, as I walked I saw a familiar face. Let me digress.

On Wednesday night just before this convention, I asked Alfreda about finding Samantha Jones. She lived with us in Decatur and we hadn’t talked to her in like 15 years. I figured she would be on Facebook somewhere, but there were over 500 “Samantha Jones” and I couldn’t search them all. So, I just gave up. I tell you that to say this.

The familiar face I saw was SAMANTHA JONES!!!! When we looked at each other we screamed and hugged and of course I cried. I told her the Facebook story and she said “Wow!” and I said “I KNOW!”
What are the odds? I haven’t seen or heard from Samantha in 15 yrs and I had just asked Freda about her. She gave me all of her contact information and I gave her mine and we are supposed to chat when I get back to the States. I wish you could have seen us hugging and crying. It was beautiful.

It did also reinforce my belief that we are on “The Erica Show” it has the same premise as “The Truman Show” with Jim Carey. If you don’t know ask me about it.

I had to start my journey back to Janelle & Danny so we could leave, but I made one more pass through “DelegateLand” for Maurice & Aleece. I never saw them, but look at these beautiful sings of love from the brothers and sisters that I did see. (in the pic slideshow)

“We will never forget you!”
“How good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell in unity. (Ps. 133:1)”
“See you in paradise. Greetings from you brothers in the Uppper Harlem Congregation”
“See You In Paradise”
“We thank Jehovah for you!”
“Christian Love from Your brothers in the USA”
“We Are A Big Family”

I ask you, please show me another religious organization where you find the following:
1) If you say I am your same religion you are embraced and exchange phone numbers and addresses.
2) You can take your songbook from your local congregation and fly 5 or 10,000 miles away, go to a convention, hear the song number, and be able to sing harmoniously with the crowd.
3) You can take your Sunday Meeting Bible Study Aid from your local congregation and fly 5 or 10,000 miles away, go to a convention, and be have the same magazine as the Albanian sitting beside you.
4) You go to a convention in your hometown & save your program. You go to an International Convention 5 or 10,000 miles away and the manuscript talks deliver the same information in your native tongue as well as the language of the country you are in.

How well, we as Jehovah’s people are cared for. We truly are a people no part of this world.

Notes:
*Make a list of ones you want to meet in the resurrection and list the questions you want to ask.*

No comments:

Post a Comment