The First Invasion

The First Invasion
My Homeland

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thursday
There is nothing to report except it was long, tiring, and hot. There was a heat advisory to stay in if possible so I did until mtg time. I barely stayed awake at the meeting. Wiggles was there to entertain me. Look at that face!!! And she loves me. I think I make her laugh!
Tomorrow night is scrabble and drinks at Janelle’s and maybe a movie. We’ll see.
Friday
I packed my bag to head to Janelle’s. I sat down to send email and there was a buzzin at the door. It was Janelle! She saved me a walk. We sat for a brief moment ate hagendaas chocolate something or another and went to her place.
She mixed these slammin’ Pina Coladas! They had brandy and rum, ooohhh, but first was the Bailey’s Crème de Caramel & the vanilla ice cream. One & ½ of those and you got a funny board of scrabble. Even with the alcohol, Sherika would be proud.
We drank watched Benchwarmers and played with the baby. What a night! Laughter with a good friend - Rome is feeling every bit more like home.
Tomorrow – Shopping!
A piu tarde!

Saturday

Okay so last night we stayed up LATE! It was fun though!!! I wouldn’t mind doing it again soon. This morning we woke up late. Janelle made some whole wheat pancakes that were scrumptious. I thoroughly enjoyed them. I don’t remember much about the morning. Janelle was sleepy. I was sleepy. The baby was sleepy. Therefore, we all took a nap. Did I see Danny this morning? I don’t recall. Anywho . . . sleep!
According to plans, we are going shopping tonight on via del Corso. All I know is that means we get to ride into the city center.
Lights! Lights! Lights! We passed what seemed to be an outside concert - people in a field with a stage. It reminded me very much of Music Midtown. I have no idea what type of music was being played, but the audience was jammin’!
Further into the city we passed what looked like THOUSANDS of tourists. They were strolling around the Coliseum and just enjoying the fact that they are in Rome. We found a parking space and hopped out of the car.
SIDE POINT: The FINEST man I have seen since I have been here rode past us. He was all hugged with his woman in the car. I wanted to shake her hand because he was gorgeous.
We walked down all these side streets that looked familiar. We passed L’Archetto. Janelle took me there the last time I was here. Once again we ran into a cavalcade of tourists. They were going in the other direction to see the Trevi Fountain. Slow down, slow down . . . we’ll get there too, but first shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment