The First Invasion

The First Invasion
My Homeland

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Getting Into a Routine

Aaahhh . . . Bonjourno!
I hope you recovered well from our adventurous trip here. After my nap on the first day of arrival Janet woke me up and said it was after 4 and wanted to walk in the heat. I needed to learn the route to Janelle’s house and see how long it would take me on a REALLY slow walk. So we set out. Janet made sure to have the Traveler’s dictionary in hand. I had no plans on talking to anyone.
There were no surprises along the way and nothing to write home about . . . well there was that nice villa down the road. I’ll put a picture in.
Janet was feeling hungry cause she slept through that delicious light morning meal so we stopped in a little store. The convenience stores here are quite different from the States. They are little holes in the wall. You can get a soda, wine – of course, some chips, and a pastry of some sort then keep on moving. They are ideal for field service breaks. There is nothing to keep you lingering and you can just get back to the territory. Anyway – that’s what Janet did. She bought some chips that looked like they would be nasty and sure enough they were. I didn't even taste them. She said they were VERY salty and threw the bag in the trash. She also got a beverage and we kept trucking down the road.
Each car that passed was moving at lightening speed and I got flash back to the taxi ride on my first visit here . . . . . . . . “I DON’T WANNA DIE! JEHOVAH PLEASE DON’T LET HIM KILL ME!” That’s another story.
Finally, we get to Janelle’s house. I know it’s hers because Lidl (we call it Costco) is directly across the street. She nor Danny was home from work so I got to meet her mother-in-law and baby Jiselle. What a cutie!!! She recognized my voice and laughed and smiled. I found out later that she laughs and smiles at everyone. I wasn’t that special. Now if she cries and spits on you that’s something to write about cause it never happens.
Janet and I ended up going grocery shopping at Lidl (Costco or Aldi) to kill time until Janelle got home. She finally got home and now the real trip begins.


Tuesday

Janet spent the night with Janelle so she could ride to the airport with Danny and head back home. She’s great, right? She flew over here, dropped me off, and went back. I love her. Hands down, she’s great!
My daytime Tuesday was spent catching up on sleep and getting ready for the meeting.I walked down to Janelle’s house and got there at 6:05. We talked for a few minutes and then rushed to change into meeting clothes. She had a talk that she didn’t tell me about. The meeting begins at 7 here, which was interesting and nice. That way if you want to socialize after the meeting you get home at 9:30 and not 10:00.

While the meeting was going on I became a typical tourist and pulled out my camera. I turned off the flash and snapped away. They have the circuit overseer this week so every time they changed speakers I took a picture. Janelle did good on her talk, but I couldn’t take pictures cause I had the baby. I did, however, get to read a scripture – Hebrews 4:12. He called on me as soon as I raised my hand. Freda should come here!
After the meeting lots of people introduced themselves and I barely remember what they said. I’ll get a refresher on Thursday, but does it matter? I have 3 months to learn their names!!! :o)
Not an adventurous day, but a day in Italy nonetheless.


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment