The First Invasion

The First Invasion
My Homeland

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Departure, Arrival, & Settling In - Proof that I'm A Grown Up!

Where do I begin? My voyage was set to begin on 07.08.09 but it got pushed back to 07.12.09, no matter . . . I AM HERE!!!! I am all poised to ROCK THIS NATION!

The Plane Ride
Janet Moore was gracious enough to take time out of her busy schedule and fly over here and drop me off. Due to my fear of flying that was a VERY good idea. However, shout out to Dr. Perry for prescribing Xanax - the wonder drug that got me so relaxed I was able to lean my seat back and close my eyes. I didn't go to sleep on the plane, but I got very, very close. I think that extra roomy, extra comfy Business Class seat with the large, soft, blanket made a big difference.

After a very smooth take-off (could've been the drugs, but I barely knew we were moving), dinner was served.
First Course - Thai Chicken & Coconut Soup (Hot & Delicious) It was creamy tomato based. I couldn't even tell it had coconut in it. I hate coconut, but ate mine & Janet's. Again, it could've been the drugs. Can you taste it? Remember you're on this trip too!
Main Course - Roast Beef & Herbed Chicken Breast w/stuffed egg, grilled peppers, asparagus and tomato. The beef was cooked just the way I like it - light brown, then pink, then red center. It melted in my mouth. The chicken was even good and it wasn't from Popeye's and I ate it!
Dessert - Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, & pirouline cookie.

I chilled in my seat and then the 2 cans of Minute Maid Apple Juice sent me rushing to the loo. I don't like to walk on the plane because I am convinced my 300 lbs will be the weight to throw the plane off balance and send it tumbling out of the sky. However, since I didn't want to wet my clothes I went. Lo & behold, I made it! The plane didn't fall out of the sky or shake when I sat.

Breakfast - Fresh Fruit, English Muffin topped with spinach, scrambled eggs, & cheddar cheese with turkey Canadian bacon. Delicious!

I had an awesome flight attendant, Melissa. She checked on me and made sure I was comfortable and not freaking out. I LOVE BUSINESS CLASS! Thank the LAWD for buddy passes!

Right across the aisle from me was Jay & Shirley. They were honeymooners married for just 8 days. Jay is a jet pilot. So with him on one side and Janet, airplane mechanic on the other, I knew to watch them to see if I needed to freak out. Jay was full of jokes and stories that eased me where the Xanax didn't and Janet slept.

Aaahhh - The inflight movie Janet chose - TAKEN!!!! How hilarious is that. If I get Taken while here Liam Neeson has to come and save me or his counterpart Steve Cassell. Cause in the movie the girl's dad attempts to save her so why shouldn't mine?

Settling In

When we finally get a taxi and arrive at MY Apartment, I crashed, much like I am about to do now.
Is your appetite whet? Would you like to hear more? Well keep checking back for more updates.

Til then . . . ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment